Questions about browser settings
Where are the settings?
To open your settings, click
Browser start page
Instead of the start page, Yandex.Browser opens either your Tableau (with your most frequently visited pages), or the tabs that were left open during your last session. To select your preferred option:
- Click .
- In the On startup section, select an option.
In this section, you can also set Yandex as your homepage. Just enable the Open yandex.com if no tabs were saved option.
What happens when browser settings are reset?
Resetting your browser settings means that the original settings will be restored:
- The default widgets will display on Tableau.
- Your default search engine will be set for the SmartBox.
- All browser extensions will be disabled
- Pinned tabs will be deleted.
- All personal information will be deleted.
To clear your browser settings:
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Reset settings section of the browser, click Reset settings.
- Click Reset.
Security of browser settings
Some programs (such as chat programs, extra browser panels, and so on) may change your browser settings without asking you.
Yandex.Browser tracks these changes and automatically restores the default settings. You'll see a message about this at the top of the settings page (just click):