We analyzed user behavior and collected the most popular scenarios of working with the Yandex Browser beta version. Choose what you're doing:
- Install the browser.
- If you want links to open in Yandex Browser, set it as your default browser.
- Synchronize the browser so that history, bookmarks, and other data are available on all your devices.
- Configure the browser interface, default search, access to bookmarks, and other settings.
- Install extensions to enhance the browser's functionality.
- Check what data the browser automatically saves when reinstalling.
- Synchronize your data (including bookmarks and passwords) with the Yandex server to be able to restore them if something happens to your computer.
- Reinstall the browser while saving your profile data.
- If you want links to open in the Yandex Browser beta version, set it as your default browser.
- Synchronize the reinstalled browser to continue exchanging data with the server.
- Configure your browser according to your tastes and needs.
- Create a profile backup.
- Install the browser.
- Replace the personal profile folder with the backup.
- Choose an image or video as a background.
- Choose a theme and tabs' style and location.
- Set up the design of the new tab.
- Change the interface language, if necessary.
- Select what should be opened as the browser's start page.
- Set your default search engine.
- Add your favorite websites to the Tableau.
- If necessary, add the bookmarks bar.
- Forbid websites to send you notifications if you don't want to receive them.
- If you don't want to reveal your location, block all sites from accessing it.
- Create your personal profile.
- Set up a master password to protect your passwords.
- Enable the Reader mode to leave on the page nothing but text and images.
- Translate pages and single words.
- Open e-books and PDF files, edit office files in the browser.
- Save bookmarks for the pages you want to visit again.
- Print pages.
- Always use Incognito mode when you visit suspicious sites.
- Find out what data the browser sends to the server while running, and how to disable the transfer of specific data.
- Turn on Do Not Track.
- Do not allow sites to detect your location.
- Do not allow sites to access your microphone.
- Do not allow sites to access your web camera.
- If you don't want to store your personal data in the browser, disable Autofill.
- Create a master password to protect your passwords.
- Synchronize your passwords for the master password to work on all your devices.
- Pay attention to the certificate icons.
- Make payments only in safe mode.
- Do not install suspicious extensions.
- Do not download dangerous files.
- Do not open infected sites.
- Do not trust scammers.
- Be careful with the mobile subscriptions.
I'm moving from another browser
To transfer data from other browsers to Yandex Browser and customize it:
I'm reinstalling Yandex Browser
To avoid losing data when reinstalling Yandex Browser:
If you are reinstalling Yandex Browser with the OS or want to transfer data to Yandex Browser on another computer:
Note. If you need only data that is synchronized in the reinstalled browser, simply install the browser and then enable syncing.
I'm setting up Yandex Browser
I'm reading and downloading
I care about privacy
I care about security