Experiments can help you check which Yandex.Direct advertising campaign settings are the most efficient for your business. For example, you can:
  • Find out how different types of campaigns influence each other.
  • Analyze the impact of ad impressions on your website's conversions.
  • Compare the efficiency of automatic strategies and manual bid management.

Experiments let you check your assumptions about advertising efficiency, and test campaign setting combinations, campaign types, and even media plans.

To perform testing, create an experiment in Yandex.Audience. Use the same Yandex ID to set up ad campaigns for the experiment in Yandex Direct. The statistics are available in Yandex Direct or Yandex Metrica reports.

For more information on how to conduct experiments, see Help for Yandex Direct.

Creating an experiment

In the Experiments tab, click the Create experiment button. Enter a name and choose the Yandex Metrica tag you want to use for the experiment. You can add up to five tags.

Select the number of segments and the shares you want to divide your audience into. The Other segment is added by default for users who are not included in other segments. The audience will be randomly divided into segments in proportions corresponding to the set shares. When added up, the shares should make 100%. You can create up to 100 segments in one experiment.

For example, you want to know whether using ad network impressions will increase website conversions. To do this, you can serve search and network ads to half of the users, and only search ads to the other half. This means you should divide your audience in half.

The shares may be uneven. For example, if you are afraid the expenses will significantly increase as a result of using networks, you can show network ads only to 30% of your audience, while the remaining 70% will see only search advertising.

You can create up to 200 experiments. You can use experiments in Yandex Direct immediately after creating them.

After the experiment is over, you can analyze its statistics. To view website statistics, click Results next to the corresponding tag. You will be redirected to the report on the corresponding experiment in Yandex Metrica. To learn more about reports, see Help for Yandex Metrica. Campaign statistics are available in Yandex Direct.


Editing and deleting experiments

Once creating an experiment, you can edit only the names of the experiment or the segments. You can't delete the Yandex Metrica tags you selected when creating the experiment, but you can add new ones.

Once the experiment is created, you can't delete or add a new segment. You can delete only the experiment that isn't used in your Yandex Direct ad campaign.

Still have questions?

Attention. Customer service specialists can advise you only on the ad campaigns linked to the login you are using to contact them. You can see your login in the upper-right corner of the screen. The specialist will get access to your data only when processing your request.

You can reach us from 10:00 to 19:00 GMT +3 (Moscow time) at:

Moscow: +7 495 780-65-20

Russian regions: 8 800 234-24-80, ext. 9 (free within Russia)