GENERAL TERMS OF YANGO CORPORATE SERVICE
USE OF EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICES
1. The Business Customer and/or the Corporate User may submit a order through the Application and/or Web Interface for use of the Service with respect to a specific delivery in the Service Area ("Delivery").
2. The Business Customer and/or the Corporate User may submit an order for a delivery only after the parcel subject of the delivery is properly packaged and ready to be delivered ("Parcel").
3. In case of using the Application and/or Web Interface, following an order, the Business Customer and/or the Corporate User that made the order will see an quoted fee for the Request (the "Delivery Quoted Fee"). The Delivery Quoted Fee is subject to change until the Request is confirmed by a Transportation Service Provider.
4. The Delivery Quoted Fee for the same delivery under the Agreement depends upon the demand, traffic conditions, pick-up and/or destination location, time of the Request [and other factors]. It also may differ from the fees quoted for services rendered outside the scope of the Agreement.
5. When making a Request, the Business Customer and/or the Corporate User shall specify the shipping information, including the exact address of the Parcel delivery destination (“Delivery Destination”), the recipient of the Parcel (“Recipient”) and Recipient information including name and telephone number (“Recipient Details”) and any information relevant to the Parcel.
6. If the Parcel has fragile content, this should be explicitly stated in the Request and on the packaging of Parcel, and the Parcel should be packaged accordingly.
7. If the Parcel is not ready for Delivery, if the Recipient is unavailable to collect the Parcel, in case of cancellation, or if the information provided by the Business Customer and/or the Corporate User in the Request is inaccurate and/or insufficient, the Business Customer may be charged a fee as calculated by the Service.
8. Prior to handing the Parcel to the Transportation Service Provider, the Business Customer and/or the Corporate User shall be responsible for verifying the contents of the Parcel, and the proper packaging of the Parcel, including sealing, and protection appropriate to the contents of the Parcel, as well as specifying any relevant details for the Parcel delivery at the Delivery Destination, including the Recipient Details.
9. The Customer and/or the Corporate User shall hand the Parcel to the Transportation Service Provider upon arrival at the pick-up point, after having performed identification of the Transportation Service Provider arriving to collect the Parcel before Delivery. It is clarified that the Business Customer and/or the Corporate User are responsible for the handing of the Parcel to the Transportation Service Provider.
10. The Business Customer and/or the Corporate User are responsible for the Recipient to be present when the Parcel arrives at the Delivery Destination and that the Recipient accepts the Parcel. In the event the Recipient is unavailable or does not accept the Parcel, the Transportation Service Provider may contact the Corporate User and return the Parcel to the Corporate User, or if the Transportation Service Provider is unable to coordinate returning the Parcel to the Corporate User, it may put the Parcel in storage or reasonably act otherwise.
11. It is hereby agreed that 30 days after the Parcel is put in storage as aforementioned, the Parcel will be destroyed. Yandex and/or the Transportation Service Providers are not responsible for guarding the Parcels that are not accepted by the Recipient as aforementioned.
12. The Customer and/or the Corporate User declare and acknowledge that they have received the Recipient's explicit prior consent to (a) use the Recipient Details for the purpose of providing the delivery Service, (b) provide the Recipient Details to Yandex, who may provide them to the Transportation Service Providers and the drivers associated with the Transportation Service Providers, and (c) the use of the Recipient's information and Recipient Details by Yandex, the Transportation Service Provider and/or the drivers associated with the Transportation Service Providers, for the purpose of providing the Delivery Service, including sending the Recipient messages in connection with the delivery.
13. The Customer and/or the Corporate User may not use the Delivery Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may the Customer and/or the Corporate User, in the use of the in their use of the Delivery Service and their performance of obligations under this Agreement. The Customer and/or the Corporate User shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in use of the Delivery Service and their performance of obligations under this Agreement.
14. Notwithstanding anything stated in the Agreement, the aggregate liability of Yandex for the Services under this appendix shall be limited to the Customer’s direct and proven damage or loss, in an amount not exceeding 1,000 NIS for a ride.
15. The Customer and/or the Corporate User may not use the Delivery Service to deliver any of the following items:
- narcotic drugs; psychotropic, potent, toxic, radioactive, explosive, poisonous, caustic, flammable, and other dangerous substances, including those under pressure;
- firearms; pneumatic, gas or cold weapons and their parts, ammunition, fireworks, flares and bullets;
- foreign currency and banks notes;
- items and substances which, due to their nature or packaging may constitute a danger to people, or soil or ruin (damage) other cargo, surrounding people or items;
- items requiring transportation in specially equipped vehicles, including but not limited to, refrigerated goods, food and beverages, and consumables;
- fragile items without special packaging;
- items that are not wholly owned by Customer and (or) the Corporate User, or that they do not have the legal right to deliver;
- hazardous substances or substances that may harm or endanger human or animal life;
- objects that are prohibited from being sent under any law, or that a special license is required to be sent, including, but not limited to drugs, pharmaceuticals, biological and chemical materials;
- for the “Delivery” service class - objects and items exceeding 20 kilos (for a single point) and/or 150 cm in length, width and height in total; long objects exceeding 150 cm in length;
- for the “Courier” service class - objects and items exceeding 15 kilos and/or 150 cm in length, width and height in total; long objects exceeding 150 cm in length;
- any other items for which delivery is prohibited or limited in Israel.