1. General Provisions
Yandex.Taxi B.V. (hereinafter referred to as the "Yandex.Taxi") offers an Internet user (hereinafter referred to as the "User") “Yandex.Taxi Widget” service under the terms and conditions set forth in this document (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms").
1.1. Terms and Definitions
"Widget" shall mean the software code “Yandex.Taxi Widget“, enabling the User to implement a unit for displaying Materials in a preconfigured form into an online service (including a website) and/or a computer software (including a mobile device software).
"Materials" shall mean the information received from Yandex.Taxi service (or Yango service – depending on the region) and intended for display to end users by and/or using the Widget and/or the Code including, but not limited to, advertising and information materials containing, in particular, address information, estimated trip cost, minimum trip tariff. The contents of the Materials may be changed by Yandex.Taxi unilaterally and without prior notice to the User.
"Code" shall mean “Yandex.Taxi Widget” software code that allows the User to integrate a block(s) to display the Materials with no visual style or as configured by the User into an online service (including a website) and/or a computer software (including a mobile device software).
"Website(s)" shall mean an Internet website, an Internet service, a computer software (including mobile device software), whereinto the Widget configured by the User using the Service or the Code generated or created using the Service is integrated.
- User Agreement for Yandex Services available at: https://yandex.com/legal/rules/;
- License to Use Yandex Search Engine available at: https://yandex.com/legal/termsofuse/;
1.3. By using the Service or any of its separate functions, the User is deemed to have accepted these Terms, as well as the terms and conditions of all the documents mentioned in cl. 1.2, in full, without any reservations or omissions, and agrees to be bound by them. If the User disagrees with any of the provisions of the said documents, the User may not use the Service.
1.4. These Terms, along with the above documents may be amended by Yandex.Taxi and YANDEX LLC without any special notice; a revised version of the Terms shall take effect from the moment of its publication on the Internet at the address given below in this clause, unless otherwise specified in such revised version of the Terms. The current Terms are always available at: https://yandex.com/legal/taxi_api/, unless otherwise specified in the Terms. Any continued use of the Service after the Terms have been amended will be regarded as an approval of the new version.
1.5. The User shall stop using the Service, Widget and/or the Code, if he/she disagrees with any amendments to these Terms made by Yandex.Taxi in the manner prescribed by cl. 1.4 hereof.
1.6. The User shall be held independently liable for compliance with Laws, when he/she uses the Service. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the term "Laws" throughout this text shall mean any applicable laws, including both laws of residence of Yandex.Taxi, YANDEX LLC and laws of residence of the User or a place, where he/she commits legally significant acts hereunder, as well as the laws of the countries where Yandex.Taxi (or Yango) service can be used. If the use of any feature of the Service by the User violates the Laws, the User shall not use the Service or such feature (if it is explicitly technically possible).1.7. These Terms and relations between Yandex.Taxi and the User arising out of or in connection with the Service shall be covered by law of the Netherlands.
2.1. The User is entitled to use the Widget and/or the Code only on the Websites available for free open public use subject to the limitations as specified in clause 2.5 of the Terms. The User may not use the Widget and/or the Code on the Websites requiring payment or otherwise restricting access to it by third parties. For the purposes of this clause, the need to sign-up such parties on the Website is not considered to be a restriction of access.
2.2. The use (receipt, display) of the Materials is allowed only within the explicit functions of the Service, the Widget, and the Code. It is prohibited to apply any technical and software-based methods to circumvent these limitations.
2.3. When using the Widget and/or the Code, the User shall not remove, conceal, or modify any data in the Widget and/or the Code or any symbols, trademarks, logos, links, references to Yandex.Taxi or other persons received through the Widget and/or the Code, as well as any other notifications and/or information displayed through the Widget and/or the Code.
2.4. The User may not change, decompile and/or somehow modify the software code of the Service and the Widget.
2.4.1. The User may amend the Code only to the extent necessary to place it on the Website.
2.5. The use of the Service, the Widget, and the Code is allowed subject to the following restrictions:
2.5.1. The User may not use the Service or customize the Widget and/or the Code in order to delude end users, and may not use the Widget and/or the Code that is configured for such purposes;
2.5.2. The User may not use the Service, the Widget, or the Code to compare the Materials with the data of Yandex.Taxi's competitors (for example, data on passenger and baggage transportation fees charged by partners of Yandex.Taxi, as received from Yandex.Taxi (or Yango) service through the Widget and/or the Code);
2.5.3. The User may not use the Widget and/or the Code on the Websites:
- that can harm the end user's computer, steal his/her information;
- that request paid SMS to be sent for fraudulent purposes;
- that are related to gambling;
- the main purpose of which is to display advertising;
- the main activity of which is the fill-in of questionnaires and tests to receive money or contact details of users;
- that open supplemental windows;
- the content of which is mostly partner programs and other data that does not belong to the owner of such Website;
- that fail to open correctly in a browser and/or contain script and/or software errors;
- that contain incorrect or false details of goods (services, works, Internet services, computer software, their functionality), or inappropriate comparison with goods (services, works, Internet-services, computer software) of other manufacturers/sellers (providers, administrators, owners, right holders);
- that can cause damage to (including image and reputation of) Yandex.Taxi and YANDEX LLC and their brand;
- that contain information and materials, distribution of which is prohibited in the countries where Yandex.Taxi (or Yango) service can be used, or, if the Widget displays the Materials related to another country, distribution of which is prohibited in that country;
- that are owned or administered by third parties, unless such parties allowed the User to use the Widget on their Website.
2.5.4. When using the Service, the User shall not make settings (when such settings are available to the User) to display the following on the Widget or together with the Code:
- a spaced text, i.e. writing words with spaces between letters (e.g. "l e t t e r s"), words in uppercase letters (e.g. "LETTERS") other than abbreviations, and using non-standard characters (e.g. "$, #, +, *" etc.);
- texts or images that contain swear words, obscene or offensive images, comparisons and expressions concerning sex, race, nationality, profession, social category, age, religious symbols, official state symbols; words that incite to commit unlawful acts and/or call for violence and cruelty; words and phrases that mislead the end users regarding the functionality of the Widget, business of Yandex.Taxi, cause damage to (including image and reputation of) Yandex.Taxi and YANDEX LLC and their brand, contain direct or indirect references to the competitors of Yandex.Taxi;
- images, when such use of an image infringes third party rights (including copyright), or when such image violates the law of the countries where Yandex.Taxi (or Yango) service can be used and the law of the country where the User or the Website's target end users are located.
2.5.5. The User is not allowed to use the Service to configure the Widget and/or (use) the Code with the use of any misleading information that will make the end users think that the passenger and baggage transportation services are provided by Yandex.Taxi directly.
2.5.6. The User may not use the Service to create Internet-services, computer software, including mobile device software, or otherwise, if such use violates Laws, the documents specified in cl. 1.2 of the Terms, and/or third-party rights and legitimate interests.
2.5.7. When using the Code, the User agrees to use the logos (other means of identification including text) approved by Yandex.Taxi to ascertain the Materials displayed using the Code. Moreover, the User is not allowed to remove any legally relevant information from the Code or other elements created by the Service.
2.5.8. When using the Code and the Widget, the User shall ensure that the following legally significant information is displayed together with the Code and the Widget:
- when stating the minimum cost – “ “from X [a currency unit name]” shall mean the fixed start fee unless otherwise provided for by the rates. The charges may differ due to demand and availability of taxis. For more details visit taxi.yandex.com or yango.yandex.ru (depending on the region)”;
- when stating the pick-up and destination points – “Approximate cost of travel on the selected route at the Economy rate. The charges may differ due to demand and availability of taxis. For more details visit taxi.yandex.com or yango.yandex.ru (depending on the region)”.
2.5.9. The use of the Code and the Widget with the User's visual style beyond the scope of these Terms is always subject to Yandex.Taxi's written consent.
2.6. Yandex.Taxi reserves the right to set any limits and restrictions on the use of the Service, the Widget, and the Code including, but not limited to, the number of Materials requests through the Widget and the Code within a certain period of time, and can change them at its sole discretion without prior notice to the User.
2.8. Yandex.Taxi reserves the right to change, correct or update the Service at any time, with no prior notice given to the User. The User agrees to check for updates of the Service version on a regular basis. After the release of the new version of the Service, Yandex.Taxi does not guarantee stability or duration of operation of the Widget and/or the Code configured using the old version of the Service.
3. Intellectual Rights
3.1. Yandex.Taxi shall have the exclusive rights to the Service, the Widget, the Code, and the Materials. These Terms do not authorize the User to use the Service, the Widget, the Code, or the Materials beyond the explicit functionality of the Service, the Widget, and the Code.3.2. Using the Service, and/or the Widget, and/or the Code the User grants to Yandex.Taxi the right to use a logo, trademark and/or trade name of the User and/or the User's Websites for information, advertising and marketing purposes with no need to secure any additional consent of the User and with no remuneration payable to the User for such use.
4.1. The Service (including the Materials) is provided by Yandex.Taxi as is. Yandex.Taxi does not guarantee that the Service, the Widget and the Code will meet the purpose or expectations of the User, uninterrupted and error-free operation of the Service, the Widget, and the Code as a whole or their individual components and/or functions, nor does it guarantee reliability, accuracy, completeness, relevance or timely receipt of the Materials. Yandex.Taxi does not guarantee the uninterrupted and error-free operation of third-party software products and solutions (including libraries) recommended in technical specifications and other service-related documents (if any) to run the Service, the Widget, and the Code.4.2. When an API Key is provided to the User to allow the use of the Service, the Widget, and/or the Code, or when the use of the Service is allowed subject to authorization of the User at Yandex services, the User shall solely bear full responsibility for the use and safety of his/her API Key and Yandex services authorization details. The User is not allowed to receive an API-Key or use the Service on behalf of third parties, transfer or disclose the User's API Key and/or Yandex services authorization details to third parties. Yandex.Taxi shall not be liable for unauthorized use of the User's API Key or Yandex services authorization details by third parties. All actions performed at the Service using the User's API Key or Yandex services authorization details are considered to be performed by the User.
5. Final Provisions
5.1. Yandex.Taxi is entitled to terminate or suspend the User's access to the Materials through the Widget and/or the Code, or to the Service or any part thereof, in particular, through the User account and/or API key, in its sole discretion without notice or explanation, in particular, when the User violates these Terms, and conditions of the documents referred to in cl. 1.2 hereof.5.2. Any questions and claims related to the use/unavailability of the Service shall be sent via the feedback form at https://tech.yandex.com/taxi/support.