Rules of participation in Yandex Advertising Network
Any resource with a Russian-speaking audience may join Yandex Advertising Network provided that the resources meets the following rules:
the daily audience is more than 100 users a day during a month for advertising blocks of the formats: Yandex.Direct;
the daily audience is more than 1,000 users during a minimum of two consecutive months for Yandex.Market Content API advertising block;
RTB-format advertising blocks are made available to the resources following approval by the YAN Partner Relations Department.
It is prohibited to display ads on the resources that:
fail to comply with the requirements of the effective law;
promote discrimination based on gender, race, nationality, religious beliefs, social status or income;
contain offensive and/or pornographic materials;
are online casinos, domain parking, file share resources, resources offering payment for viewing and/or clicking through ads/banners and other types of advertising, payment for viewing resources, letters, etc., and similar methods of earning in the Internet;
have content misleading users;
download viruses, trojans or other malware on user PC and mobile devices;
fail to comply with the Yandex Search Engine License (https://yandex.com/legal/termsofuse).
Security of Ads Placed
Any artificially reproduced (mala fide) clicks and displays, all methods of creation of which are strictly prohibited, will not be considered in the calculation of a partner’s remuneration. A partner of Yandex Advertising Network undertakes:
not to place above Yandex ads phrases and images artificially drawing attention to advertising blocks, such as “Pay attention”, “Our sponsors”, “Click the ad”, “Support us”, “Menu”, etc.;
not to generate queries, display ads or clicks on ads in any search results and/or on contextual pages and ads, directly or indirectly, personally or through third parties, manually and/or by using any possible soft hardware, including by using any automatic means to reproduce displays and clicks (multi clicks, agents, etc.), without being limited to the aforesaid;
not to change addresses of hyperlinks contained in ads, or otherwise alter the user redirection from ads, not to replace or hamper in any other manner the user access to pages (resources), to which the user is hyperlinked when calling (clicking) such ads;
not to delete, edit, minimize, filter, change display order, appearance or other viewing options of ads in established advertising spaces.
Rules of Placement of Advertising Blocks Yandex.Direct, RTB
When placing advertising blocks, it is required to meet the following rules:
advertising blocks of other contextual advertising systems must be different from Yandex advertising blocks;
it is prohibited to change the page view mode for priority ad display;
• it is prohibited to hide additional links, images, advertiser’s website favicon, region indication, any disclaimers (age category, medical disclaimers) and other elements in advertising blocks, except when they can be disabled in the YAN partner interface;
the advertisement code of the placement of advertising blocks of other advertising display systems must not interfere with the advertisement code (code of calling advertising blocks Yandex.Direct, RTB) and must in no way affect the ads displayed;
it is prohibited to place the advertisement code of calling advertising blocks for contextual pages on search results pages; to do this, use the advertisement code of calling advertising blocks for search advertising;
it is prohibited to place code of calling advertising blocks RTB within the code of the other banners systems (DFP, AdRiver etc.);
recursive calls of the code of advertising blocks RTB are prohibited.
When placing advertising blocks on search results pages, it is required to meet the following rules:
advertising blocks of Yandex.Direct must be displayed either next to the list of search results on search results pages or right below the search results;
if an advertising block of Yandex.Direct is placed right below the search results, the advertising block may contain four ads maximum;
a premium placement block with a Yandex.Advertising text link specifying that the ad is provided by Yandex may be placed on the search result pages above the list of search results;
if a Yandex.Direct advertising block is absent, it is prohibited to place a premium placement advertising block alone;
it is prohibited to use search ads on contextual pages – the code of calling advertising blocks for search results must be set only in the resources search results;
it is prohibited to use the advertisement code of calling advertising blocks for search advertisement in the context pages: the advertisement code of calling advertising blocks in the search results should be installed only on the search results pages;
it is prohibited to place the advertisement code of calling advertising blocks for search advertisement transmitting pre-set search queries;
maximum 1 special placement block and 1 Yandex.Direct advertising block may be placed on the search page.
Rules of Placement of the Advertising Block Yandex.Market Content API
Terms of placement of the advertising block “Turbo-pages”
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of participation, the “Owner’s Resources” and the “Advertising space” (as defined in the respective YAN participation agreement (“YAN Agreement”), concluded by and between Yandex and the Partner (the “Owner” in the terms of YAN Agreement)) shall mean:
“Owner’s Resources – Internet-based information resources and/or computer programs (including programs for mobile devices) along with their content or other components connected by the Owner to Yandex Advertising Network as permitted by Yandex. In certain cases, the Owner can provide its Resources, including their constituent elements, to Internet users using Yandex software and hardware”;
“Advertising space - a place created on the Owner's Resource in web page design or computer program interface (including programs for mobile devices) for Yandex to place Advertising materials “.
2. The list of services, provided by the Partner to Yandex and described in the clause 2.1 of the YAN Agreement, shall also include the services, related to assurance of placement of the Advertisement Code and/or display of Advertising materials by Yandex using other technical means in Advertising spaces on the Owner's Resources (including their constituent elements), which the Owner provides to Internet users through Yandex software and hardware, including but not limited to, when:
Yandex provides technical means to the Owner to make the Owner's Resource (or its certain elements) available to Internet users via Yandex website, its components and services; or
the Owner's Resource or its certain elements are placed on a software and/or hardware platform provided by Yandex; or
the Owner's Resource or its certain elements are displayed through technological export of data, content, elements or other components of the Owner's Resource to relevant Yandex service or website, both by technical integration and otherwise.
3. In addition to obligations of the Partner, prescribed by the clause 3.6 of the YAN Agreement, the Partner also undertakes not to change any technical features of the Owner's Resources, their content, elements or other components making the format of Advertising spaces non-compliant with requirements of the Agreement and/or these Terms of participation, and making it difficult for the Owner to provide the Services. If the Owner changes the subject matter of any of the Owner's Resources, it shall notify Yandex thereof in writing the day the changes were made (including by e-mail).
5. The Partner undertakes to reach Yandex to conclude the respective amendment to the YAN Agreement within three (3) business days from the date of the creation of the first advertising block “Turbo-pages”. In case the Partner fails to comply with the foregoing provisions Yandex shall be entitled to suspend the creation of the advertising blocks “Turbo-pages” by the Partner, as well as to suspend placement of the created advertising blocks “Turbo-pages”.
6. All the terms used above shall be treated according to their definition provided by the respective YAN Agreement.
7. The Partner agrees that the foregoing terms of placement of the advertising blocks “Turbo-pages” shall prevail over the provisions of the respective YAN Agreement until the respective amendment thereto comes into force.
8. In case the YAN Agreement between Yandex and Partner is concluded on the terms and conditions of the document “Yandex Advertising Network Terms of Offer” (https://yandex.com/legal/oferta_yan_ch) (“Offer”), the foregoing terms of placement of the advertising blocks shall apply only to the extent not covered by the Offer.
In case of violation of these Rules, Yandex reserves the right to suspend the display of ads on a partner’s resources and/or to take other measures in order to protect interests of advertisers whose ads are displayed on resources of partners of Yandex Advertising Network.
Partner agrees and accepts that Yandex advertising code could contain various technical instruments providing due performance of Yandex obligations in respect of its own clients (including, but not limited to various targeting instruments, as well as instruments for recording the quantity of impressions, clicks and other parameters related to impression of advertising materials on advertising spaces). Partner hereby agrees that the content of Yandex advertising code, as well is technical instruments integrated thereto, could be determined by Yandex in its own discretion.
The Partner accepts and agrees that for the purposes of increasing the efficiency of the interaction between Yandex and Partner, as well as to improve the functions of Yandex Advertising Network, Yandex shall be entitled, from time to time, to carry out the experiments, that could involve changes in the formats, frequency, design, ways of display and/or the terms of placement of advertising materials on the Partner’s resources. Yandex provides no guarantee that within the experiment it would place advertising materials on the Partner’s resources, or that it would place advertising materials of the particular format. Notwithstanding the foregoing, carrying out the experiments shall not affect any payment obligations of Yandex according to the respective YAN Agreement.
Yandex reserves the right to reject any application to participate in the Advertising Network without giving reasons.
Partner undertakes to comply with these Rules. Partner agrees that Yandex is entitled to unilaterally amend these Rules.
Date of publication: 24.11.2017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/15032017.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/20052016.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/25092015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/30062015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/20032015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/21102014.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/27062014.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/22102013.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/02082013.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/11072013.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/29042013.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/partner_ch/05122012.