Advertising Requirements Yandex.Market
Date of publication: 10.02.2016
Effective Date: 11.02.2016
This document defines the advertising guidelines for advertising materials (Materials) provided by Customers for the provision of "Yandex.Market" Services by Yandex.
1. The Materials must comply with the requirements set forth in “General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements”, placed at: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch.
2. The Materials should be submitted in compliance with standards and requirements set forth in “Requirements to the Data Transmission Format and Method”, available at: http://partner.market.yandex.com/legal/tt.
3. Yandex places the Materials which contain information about goods (services) that are selling at retail to individuals without any restrictions and additional conditions set by the seller, except for the limitations specified by the applicable law.
4. Yandex shall not place the Materials which contain information about used goods, goods distributed in an incomplete arrangement, cut goods, goods un-adapted for work or use in the Russian Federation, and/or Ukraine, and/or Belarus, and/or Kazakhstan, and/or Turkey or any illegal goods or services.
5. Yandex may at its sole discretion either refuse to place the Materials of a customer who takes measures to offer the same goods (services) under names and/or appearances of different shops, if it can be assumed that it is only one store or that there is an affiliation among these stores, interchangeability or other close relationship among them, or to make a classification of the crossover range with concealment of duplicate Product offerings of such stores .
6. Yandex may at its sole discretion refuse to place the Materials at the Locations with a low nominal conversion value .
Requirements for the content of the Materials
7. It is not allowed to use in the Materials:
7.1. uppercase words excepting the abbreviations, which consist of the first capital letters of several words (“USSR”, “MBA”, etc.);
7.2. telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, icq numbers or other systems of online paging, including placement of this information on the images that are part of the Materials;
7.3. the same offerings, including offerings that differ only in spelling (replication);
7.4. other information not relative to name and description of a Product Offering, including any html-tags;
8. The name of the provided Materials and description of a Product offering must not contain:
8.1. Any words that are not related to the name and description of the goods (except for the definition of color, size, configuration or arrangement);
8.2. enumerations and different Product offering’s spelling variations: the words “discount”, “sale”, “cheap”, “gift” (except for gift categories), “free”, “promotion”, “special price”, “new product”, “new”, “analogue”, “order”.
9. Images, used in the Materials, must not contain any text inscriptions and graphical objects, save for copyright notices placed in total for 10% of the image (unless otherwise stated by the applicable law).
10. The Materials must contain reliable and true information and must correspond to the actual current offerings of the store, i.e.:
10.1. actual price of the goods or the lowest possible good's price in the range of "from ____" for certain categories of goods for the user (including old price and new price if the goods are subject to a discount) should be given, including all taxes ;
10.1.1. When placing the Materials, targeted to Ukraine, the Republic of Kazakhstan or the Republic of Belarus, the Customer undertakes to specify the actual final price of the goods (services) or the lowest possible good's price in the range of "from ____" for certain categories of goods for the user in the appropriate national currency. The Customer also guarantees that such good's (service's) price fully complies with the conditions, on which the Customer exercises its sale in certain state.
10.1.2. If the Materials, specified in clause 10.1.1., are provided by the Customer without price in the national currency, the price is calculated automatically by Yandex.Market on a daily basis in accordance with the exchange rate set by the relevant Central Bank or other authorized state body into the national currency of said territory. The Customer guarantees to provide, in addition to the guarantees mentioned in clause 10.1.1. above, that he really offers users the goods at the corresponding price in the respective national currency and accepts payment in local currency.
10.2. status “available”, specified by the Customer in the description of Product offering, means that
- the store is ready to deliver (send) the goods to the buyer within two business days (for the Product offerings with the possibility of delivery);
- the store is ready to distribute goods to the buyer at the orders collection point within two working days or send the goods to the collection point, which is located in another region, within two working days (for product offerings with the possibility of customer pick up).
In this respect, the Customer can independently set “business days” in the client web-interface in the section “Working Hours of Delivery Service in Your Region”. If the Customer did not specify, which days are business days for delivery (sending) of the goods to the buyer, calendar days are automatically deemed to be business days, except for weekends and public holidays under the applicable laws.
10.3. the status “on demand”, specified by the Customer in the Product offering’s description means that the store is ready to take an order and deliver the goods within the period agreed with the buyer and not exceeding two months (except for the custom-built goods, the estimated delivery time of which is agreed with the buyer at the time of order placing).
10.4. The Customer may be allowed to indicate the “delivery-options days” element with the following values in the description of product offering instead of the statuses specified in subcl. 10.2 and 10.3 above:
- “X” days (any digital value ranging from 0 to 31). In this respect, if the Customer specifies a value exceeding 31 calendar days in the description of product offering, the status “on demand” will be automatically applied to such description as mentioned in cl. 10.3 above.
- “X – Y” days (any digital value ranging from 0 to 31). Maximum gap in such range should not exceed 2 days. Therefore, if the Customer indicates the range of goods delivery exceeding such restriction, “X” will be automatically reduced to “Y-2”. In this respect, if the Customer specifies a value exceeding 31 calendar days, the status “on demand” will be automatically applied to the description of product offering as mentioned in cl. 10.3 above.
- the status “on demand” according to the rules mentioned in cl. 10.3 above.
If the Customer transfers an unfilled “delivery-options days” element in the description of product offering, the status “on demand” will be automatically applied to the description of such product offering as mentioned in cl. 10.3 above.
If the Customer chooses the “delivery-options days” element, the statuses “on demand” and “available” (except as stipulated in this clause) will not be applied.
In this respect, product offerings provided by the Customers, who set Moscow and any city of the Moscow Region in the client web-interface in the section “Your Region” and indicated the “delivery-options days” element, will be shown to users with the values stated above.
Product offerings provided by the Customers, who set any other cities in the client web-interface in the section “Your Region” and indicated the “delivery-options days” element, will be shown to users according to the rules mentioned in subcl. 10.2 and 10.3 above: when indicating 1-2 days, the status “available” will be shown; when indicating more than 2 days, the status “on demand” will be shown.
10.5. If the Customer uses the field “Delivery by Cargo Carriers” when adjusting the placement of the Materials, this shall mean that the Customer is aware of the cost and terms of delivery specified in this section and ensures that it does offer Customers’ delivery of the relevant goods by the cargo carriers they had selected, and cost and terms of delivery specified in the cost section fully comply with the terms under which the Customer offers the delivery of the goods.
10.6. Declared Product Offering warrant terms should comply with producer warrant terms if warrant is provided.
10.7. The Customer actually sells and intends to sell the products, described in the Materials. In case the Customer intends to sufficiently change the assortment of products described in the Materials (e.g. the products of “Clothes” category are replaced by “Electronics” category products ), the Customer undertakes to notify Yandex in advance regarding such change, suspend placement of respective Materials and provide Yandex with amended Materials for review .
11. The Materials should be written in Russian or English, except for when a certain local language is mandatory according to applicable law, without typing errors. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to trade names and trademarks.
12. Name and description of the Product offering, provided as part of the Materials, are meant to be read by users, and not for indexing by search robot, thus they must consist of normal phrases but not be limited to the list of search words.
13. The Materials must comply with the content of the webpage, on which the Link leads. The page onto which the link leads must comply with all applicable laws for such pages and stores.
Requirements for the Customer’s website, which allows the buyer to purchase a product/work/service specified in the Product offering, directly on the website of Customer's store
14. Each product offering placed shall correspond to a separate page on the website of the Customer. This page should include Purchase/Order option or shopping cart for ordering via Customer site.
15. The webpage of the Customer, to which the link leads, should contain a description of the advertised product/work/service, its price (for some cases the lowest possible price) and information on how to purchase this product/work/service. The order for a product/work/service must be received during working hours of the store via phone number, specified at the website (or via client web-interface). The time period for answering the call routed to such phone number shall not exceed 1,5 minutes, or, in case of use of answering machine informing the caller regarding the response awaiting time – 10 minutes. The order made via the Customer site should be confirmed to the buyer by the Customer manager or by email within one hour after the order placement.
16. If the page of the website where the Link leads, during the placement of the Materials is not responding or opens incorrectly, then the placement of the Materials will be suspended until the error is resolved.
17. On the page of the Customer’s website, where the Link leads, no additional windows should open (PopUp or PopUnder) or be redirected to another page (redirect) without user's permission.
18. Information about the seller of products/works/services must be relevant to the information provided by the Customer in the web-interface and must be mentioned on the Customer's website; the information about delivery, if any, should be reflected in full detail including the final cost of the delivery. In case of customer pick up, the information about outlets should be published, including the working hours and address. Relevant information should also be submitted for placement on Yandex.Market.
18.1. Customer website (entirely or mainly) must work properly , including:
18.1.1. Website shall not be in development or in content placement phase;
18.1.2. Functional elements of the website (content search, social media networks’ elements, and etc.) must ensure due interaction between User and website of the Customer (search of information, navigation, workable external links and using the social media networks’ elements);
18.1.3. Domain name used for the Customer website shall not sufficiently contradict with the content of the website, misleading the users regarding the content of the website and the assortment of products, offered by the Customer (e.g., using the domain name textile.com or clothes.ru in case the Customer offers for sale mainly the products of “Electronics” and “Consumer electronics” is not allowed).
Requirements for the Customer’s website, that doesn't allow the buyer to purchase a product/work/service specified in the Product offering, directly on the website of Customer's store
19. Information about sale outlets, to be submitted for placement at Yandex.Market, shall be reflected at the Customers website, including the working hours and address of the store.
20. Yandex has the right to not accept or remove all Materials and/or links to pages which are not in compliance with the requirements as laid out hereinabove or with the applicable laws.
 Yandex shall decide to conceal, reject or terminate the placement of duplicate Product offerings, at its sole discretion, based on information available at its disposal.
Stores (the websites to which the Link leads, included in the Product offerings, recognized as duplicated) may be considered similar, regardless of differences in range, design, pricing, structural organization and belonging of sites to different persons.
Overlapping range is recognized as Product offerings of similar stores belonging to the same product, including a description of the identical Product offerings, and with differences in individual characteristics (modifications) of the same product.
When classifying, all Product offerings of similar range, are combined in a group, one Product offering from such group will be shown to the user, all other Product offerings of the group shall be deemed duplicated and not placed on the Locations. On the Locations, where only one Product offering from a store is shown, only one Product offering is shown for similar stores.
Product offerings, which Yandex found to be duplicated, have zero relevance and are not shown. The user is allowed to view all duplicating Product offerings of the group, when clicking the relevant link.
Selection of the Product offering that will be shown to the User from the group, is determined by the User's settings, rules of relevance, priority of placement and the Location.
 In these cases Yandex decides to terminate the placement of the Materials based on an assessment of available information at its sole discretion. At the same time the nominal conversion means the value, which determines the usefulness of the Product offering for Yandex.Market Users.
 Attracting of attention to the store by means of placing Product offerings with unreliable (lowered) price, by ordering or purchasing of which it is proposed to buy a similar or the same product at higher price, is not allowed. In this case Yandex may stop placing such Materials or all the Materials of the store, taking into account the available estimation at its sole discretion.
The Customer is not permitted to state the cost of product as its old price that exceeds the average price for similar products in two or more times. The average price of similar products shall be determined based on Yandex statistical data.
 For the purposes of this paragraph the extension of the number of product categories (assortment of products), offered for sale in the Customer’s store, or minor changes of assortment (changes of assortment within one product category, e.g. within “Consumer electronics” category) shall not be considered as replacement of assortment. In case of breach by Customer of the provisions of this section 10.7 Yandex may suspend placement of the relevant Material, or all the Materials of the store, taking into account all the information available to Yandex in its sole discretion.
 Yandex decides in its sole discretion regarding the incompliance of the Customer website with the requirements, set in this section, taking into account all the information available to Yandex. In case of breach by Customer of the provisions of this section 18.1 Yandex may suspend placement of the relevant Material, or all the Materials of the store.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/market_adv_rules_ch/19012016.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/market_adv_rules_ch/28102015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/market_adv_rules_ch/08092015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/market_adv_rules_ch/18022015.
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/market_adv_rules_ch/25042013.