General Terms and Conditions. Advertising Requirements
Yandex provides ad placement services to online advertisers who meet the following requirements.
Ad content requirements
1. Ads on Yandex should satisfy applicable legislation. When Ads submitted by the Customer are geo targeted to the Russian Federation and/or Ukraine, these Ads should satisfy the requirements of the Russian law and/or Ukrainian law. In particular, Yandex does not accept ads that:
1.1. use offensive language or obscene images disrespectful to gender, race, nationality, age, profession, social or financial status, religious or national symbols;
1.2. confuse or mislead users by:
containing false testimonies about the product/service;
containing false testimonies about the discounts/rebates/sales and/or their terms and rules;
using standard graphical elements of the user interface and/or elements of the Yandex design, that do not function and therefore prevent the ad from being viewed in its entirety;
being unclear about the source of information contained in the ad.
1.3. encourage unlawful conduct and/or promote cruelty and violence;
1.4. advertise a product or service, for which advertising in this manner, or at this time or place is illegal.
Specific features of ads for individual kinds of products are set out in the “Regulations for placing advertisements on Yandex” (https://yandex.com/legal/adv_rules_ch), which are a part of this document.
2. Yandex does not accept ads related to tragic events, if such ads aim to draw attention to the respective news/publications (including to the shocking content).
3. The text of advertising materials must be in language regarding applicable legislation.
3.1. An additional foreign language is allowed in advertisements provided that it is used along with the Russian text which is identical to the foreign language text in both form and content.
3.2. If the information on the website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) to which the ad links is in a language other than the language contained in the ad, the ad should explicitly state this.
4. When Ads submitted by the Customer are geo targeted to the Russian Federation prices of advertised goods or services should be given in Russian rubles, and in any foreign currencies where necessary.
5. Information contained within the advertising materials should correspond to the information provided on the website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) to which the user is directed. For example, if an ad offers a discount, then the link in the ad must take the user directly to the page on the advertiser’s website that clearly outlines information about this discount.
5.1. Advertisements for a news website featuring a news article published on the promoted website or other resource (web page, virtual business card), should link to directly this article. The ad text should correspond in sense to the headline and content of the news article. If the ad text contains ambiguous, provocative or confusing statements, Yandex may require that the news headline fully corresponds to the text of the ad.
5.2. It should be clear from the ad text that it advertises a news website where the full text of the news article is available.
5.3. If a Flash banner ad features a news headline promoting a news website, the link to this website should be on the same slide as this headline. The font size of the headline cannot be larger than the font size of the link.
6. If the advertisement contains superlative adjectives and/or includes testimonies about the advantages of a certain product over other products, the ad link should lead directly to the page on the advertiser’s website where this information is supported by the relevant third-party/independent research.
8. Advertisers and developers of automated systems for advertisers (Demand-Side Platform, DSP) participating in RTB auctions agree that the user sees the name of the DSP when interacting with the ad. Advertisers and DSPs agree that they have no right to change, replace ad materials after the first bid.
Website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) requirements
9. The website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) of the advertiser to which the ad link leads, should not contain popup or popunder windows.
10. The webpage to which the ad links should open correctly in the browser and be free from script or program errors.
11. Yandex does not accept ads that lead to a website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) whose main purpose is to show advertising, i.e. websites or other resource (web page, virtual business card) displaying ads on more than half of their home page. We also recommend you to read “How does a quality website differ from a faulty website” (https://yandex.com/support/webmaster/yandex-indexing/webmaster-advice.xml)?
12. Advertisements, the main aim of which is to acquire personal information or money from users, are not permitted.
13. If an ad links to a website or other resource (web page, virtual business card) that cannot be opened or opens with errors, this ad will be suspended until the problem is resolved.
14. Any third party advertisements for a service similar to any of the services listed here: https://www.yandex.ru/all may not be placed on any page containing a link to any of these services.
15. Yandex reserves the right to reject any advertisement without explanation.
16. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, the Customer represents and warrants and undertakes that:
16.1. it shall comply with all applicable trade, economic, and financial laws and regulations, export controls and embargos including those administered and enforced by Switzerland, the United States, the European Union and its relevant Member States, the United Kingdom, the United Nations Security Council, or any other government bodies with jurisdiction relevant to the Agreement (collectively, “Sanctions”), including ban to provide advertising services to the Russian Federation and to legal persons, entities or bodies established in Russia (the “Restricted advertising”); and
16.2. neither Customer nor its subsidiaries and affiliates, nor their respective directors and officers nor its advertisers (where applicable) are located in, or a resident or a national of any country or region that is subject to Sanctions, or identified on any Sanctions lists, or are owned or, where relevant under Sanctions, controlled by the same;
16.3. when performing the Agreement, the Customer or its advertisers (where applicable) will not directly or indirectly participate in any activities related to Restricted advertising; and
16.4. the Customer will ensure that by performing its obligation under the Agreement Yandex and its partners (publishers) do not directly or indirectly participate in any activities related to Restricted advertising.
17. In the event of occurrence of any fact or event that would render any representation or warranty in the clause 16 incorrect or misleading, including when the Customer detects any advertisements related to Restricted advertising placed by the Customer and(or) by its advertisers and (or) by means of the Customer’s system, the Customer shall immediately cease the placement of all advertising under the Agreement until further approval by Yandex to resume the placement, promptly notify Yandex in writing (including by e-mail) about such placement, and provide Yandex with information regarding the advertising placed in violation of Sanctions.
18. The Customer shall be liable for any losses and damages (including reasonable attorney’s fees) incurred by Yandex and shall indemnify Yandex against any claims and litigations (including those of the third parties) caused by violation of representations, warranties and undertakings provided by the Customer in clause 16 hereof.
19. In case of any breach by the Customer of any representation or warranty provided in clauses 16-18 or should there be any Sanctions or any Sanctions updates which would affect the Agreement, or should Yandex reasonably determine that it cannot perform its obligations under this Agreement due to Sanctions-related prohibitions, Yandex may terminate this Agreement effective immediately.
Date of publication: 10.01.2023
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/02082022
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/29042022
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/25092017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/07092017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/04042017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/14022017
Previous version of the document: https://yandex.com/legal/general_adv_rules_ch/18092015