Yango, an international mobile app for booking rides online (also known under the Yandex.Taxi brand) operates in 17 countries from the EU to Asia, Middle East, and Africa. We are quickly expanding to other markets worldwide, and we are looking for a cartographer to work with cartographic data, particularly to monitor correctness and relevance.
- check map quality and compare with competitors;
- monitor regional news for map-related events like the construction of new infrastructure facilities, changes in traffic patterns, or renamings;
- process user feedback;
- update maps in the online map editor;
- clarify information on-site;
- verify information with government agencies.
- cartographic or related education (final year also acceptable);
- accuracy, patience, responsibility and commitment;
- attention to detail;
- communication skills and ability to negotiate with others;
- fluent Hebrew and strong conversational level of English (Russian would be an advantage);
- willingness to do routine work;
- desire to learn.
- work experience in cartography and related fields would be an advantage.