Map Production Lead in Turkey
Yandex is seeking a highly results-driven map production leader to drive the development of the best digital maps ever created for Turkey. You will be directly responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to you to meet the quality metrics set by the regional manager. Your main goal will be to setup series of processes within Yandex.Turkey and guide the cartography team in Moscow in order to build and maintain a map that is always up to date.
- minimum seven years of experience building digital maps for Turkey;
- minimum five years of experience in program management in a map production environment in Turkey;
- strong experience in coordinating large or complex projects, or multiple projects in a matrix organization;
- international working experience (highly preferred);
- vendor management experience in the geospatial industry (highly preferred);
- strong leadership skills (required, as you will be expected to lead your local team and guide a highly experienced production team in Moscow);
- excellent communication skills and fluent English (a must);
- at least three years of team management experience;
- extremely detail oriented and always committed to the highest quality of work.
- establish a working mechanism to systematically collect map changes all around Turkey;
- work together with your team with millions of Yandex.Navi user feedbacks and process them in a timely manner;
- identify the regions which require updates and prepare an action plan to accomplish everything required to improve the map quality;
- compare the map quality between the competitive products and prepare action plans to fill the detected gaps;
- work closely with the business development team to acquire the datasets needed for the map and work closely with the vendors to analyze, evaluate and accept the datasets;
- work closely with the Moscow production team to utilize the available technology resources in order to update the maps;
- lead the team of four map specialists in Turkey.