Legal Counsel (USA)
Yandex is a technology company that builds intelligent products and services powered by machine learning. Our goal is to help consumers and businesses better navigate the online and offline world. Since 1997, we have delivered world-class, locally relevant search and information services. Additionally, we have developed market-leading on-demand transportation services, navigation products, and other mobile applications for millions of consumers across the globe. Yandex, which has 30 offices worldwide, has been listed on the NASDAQ since 2011.
We are currently seeking a Legal Counsel to assist our US legal entities, particularly the Toloka crowdsourcing platform.
- manage a variety of legal business matters related to organizing and advising on appropriate legal action;
- act as advisor on legal matters involving the company and coordinate legal issues handled by outside counsel;
- apply relevant experience in practical areas such as complex services transactions, commercial transactions, intellectual property, compliance, and regulatory matters.
- a law degree from an American university and 4-6 years of relevant experience;
- fluent Russian and English;
- permanent residence in the US;
- solid risk assessment skills;
- thorough knowledge of legal research skills;
- proven ability to apply known legal principles to an unfamiliar set of facts;
- competence and confidence to influence, persuade, communicate and negotiate;
- demonstrated track record in managing relationships with outside counsel;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- experience with an IT company is a plus.
- location: US, home office.