Global Communications Team Lead — Yango, New Markets
Our ride-hailing service has millions of users because it's fast, convenient, and affordable. Within just a few years, we launched it under the Yandex.Taxi and Yango brands in hundreds of cities in 17 countries around the world. We currently operate in Europe, Central Asia, Africa. We don't plan on stopping there.
The Yango PR team is searching for a public relations manager to oversee publicity campaigns as the service launches in new markets. We need someone who can quickly delve into the nuances of a new country, coordinate local consultants and contractors, organize publicity support for the launch, and ultimately support our PR activities in a fast-growing market.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to move at startup speed while doing high-quality work with multiple stakeholders, both remotely and at the office. We’re looking for someone who’s fearless in the face of the unknown.
This position is based at our headquarters in Moscow, Russia. We will provide a complete relocation package for the right candidate.
- has 5 or more years of experience in PR or communications;
- has previously demonstrated success launching products or services in international markets;
- has a clear understanding of how the world's online services work;
- can organize and manage complex processes, keep several subjects in their head at once, and quickly wrap their head around new subject matter;
- has significant experience with PR crises and problem management;
- can make decisions quickly and take responsibility for them;
- is extremely attentive to detail;
- has a fluent command of written and spoken English (familiarity with major languages of African countries is a plus).
- familiarize oneself with the media environment in emerging markets;
- work with influencers and members of the media;
- oversee Yango’s social media accounts activity;
- find PR agencies in emerging markets and coordinate their work;
- develop and introduce new PR formats;
- work closely with country managers to attract new users, drivers, and partners to Yango;
- suggest and implement non-trivial PR formats on the go;
- evaluate the outcome of PR activities as they relate to business results.