Backend Software Engineer at Yandex.Maps for Business
Yandex.Maps, one of our most popular services, has a lot of time and collective effort behind its state-of-the-art technology, which includes (but isn't limited to) distributed storage systems, navigation algorithms, image processing algorithms, statistical analysis, computational geometry, neural networks, and much more.
We are looking for talented engineers who would help us bring these technologies closer to business users, particularly in last-mile transport logistics.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Yandex.Maps for Business, you will be involved in the development of the service's features, including vehicle route planning and optimization, traffic information processing, fleet management, and vehicle tracking.
- provide solutions to non-trivial algorithmic problems;
- stay updated on the latest developments in mathematics relevant to your field of expertise;
- write components in C++ and Python;
- carry out peer code reviews;
- contribute to the design of high-load fault-tolerant architectures.
- good knowledge of C++ and STL;
- ability to express complex concepts in a clear and simple code;
- excellent knowledge of classic data structures and algorithms;
- understanding of modern operating systems and design principles;
- experience in multi-threaded programming;
- experience working in a similar role over the last twelve months;
- EU citizenship or valid residence or work permit.
- working knowledge of probabilistic algorithms and their application to VRP;
- development experience in Linux environments;
- knowledge of Bash and Python scripting;
- experience with relational DBMS.
This is a full-time position in our office in Berlin.