QA Engineer (Israel)
We successfully launched our self-driving cars on public roads in Russia (Moscow and Kazan) and in the USA (Las Vegas). Now we are starting to test our self-driving cars in Israel. Our engineering team is growing, and we are looking for autonomous vehicle operators to join us. In this role you will be responsible for operating and testing our autonomous vehicles that run both software and hardware developed by our team.
Professionalism, care, and personal accountability are significant attributes as you will be expected to adhere to the culture of safety and standards of conduct exemplified by the team. You will have to pass a number of training checkpoints both in and out of the vehicle.
- operate and test Yandex’s autonomous vehicles on the road and in the lab;
- collaborate closely with our talented software and hardware engineers, as well as software operations specialists, to advance our technologies;
- utilize proprietary software to collect data and troubleshoot in a variety of real world situations, while simultaneously providing detailed and accurate feedback to our engineers;
- occasionally interact with members of the public to educate them on autonomous vehicle technologies and behaviors;
- readiness to spend at least 80% of your time in our vehicles: your office is the vehicle;
- safety first focus.
- huge driving experience;
- valid driver's license with at least 4 years of driving experience;
- clean driving record without fines or crashes;
- detail-oriented, reliable and responsible;
- ability to work independently or in small groups and for periods without direct supervision;
- advanced communication skills (written and verbal) in English;
- comfortable working with computers.
- familiarity with current trends in automotive industry;
- ability to learn and operate new vehicle equipment (Network, GNSS, Cameras, LiDARs, Radars etc.);
- familiarity with Linux, git, Docker and CAN bus.