About the “Turbo page” technology
With the Turbo page technology, you can create light versions of pages that open fast even when the user's internet connection is slow. Turbo pages load about 15 times faster than regular pages.
This speed is achieved by optimizing layout, storing page content on Yandex servers, and using our own content delivery network.
- Instant loading and convenient reading
Turbo pages load 15 times faster with a 3G connection. This reduces the bounce rate by an average of 30%.
- Reduced server load
- Using our own content delivery network reduces the number of requests to your server.
- Extended snippets in search
- Turbo pages are used for generating extended snippets in search results.Attention. Turning on Turbo pages doesn't guarantee that extended snippets appear in search.
- Automatic ad placement
- When using automatic placement, the number of ads and the best places are chosen automatically. This can increase ad revenue by 40% on average.
- Automatic recommendations feed
The automatic feed is generated from related pages on your site. When you enable the feed, these pages are displayed one after the other. This can increase the number of pageviews by up to 30%.
Generating Turbo pages
- Online store — Via a YML file that follows the Yandex.Market requirements. For more information, see Turning on Turbo pages for online stores.
- Media site — Via an RSS feed. For more information, see Turning on Turbo pages for content sites.
Displaying Turbo pages in Yandex
Turbo pages can be displayed on various Yandex sites:
|Search||If your site is already included in Yandex search results.|
|Yandex.News||If you are a Yandex.News partner.|
- What it looks like
- How to enable
- Attention. If you are a Yandex.News partner and you have already sent the Turbo page information through Yandex.News, the RSS feed isn't displayed in Yandex.Webmaster.Uploading the RSS feed via Yandex.Webmaster lets you manage Turbo pages easier: you can upload your logo, add ads, use automatic ad block placement, check the RSS feed for errors, use the Turbo page markup debugger, and more.
To turn on Turbo pages:
- Become a Yandex.News partner.
- Generate the news RSS feed.
- Add to the generated feed:
- The turbo:content element with the content of the page you want to publish as a Turbo page.
- The turbo="true" attribute in the item element.
- The yandex:analytics element, if you use web analytics systems.
- The turbo:adNetwork element, if you want to place ads.
- Upload the RSS feed in Yandex.Webmaster.