About the “Turbo page” technology
With the Turbo page technology, you can create light versions of pages that open fast even when the user's internet connection is slow. Turbo pages load about 15 times faster than regular pages.
This speed is achieved by optimizing layout, storing page content on Yandex servers, and using our own content delivery network.
- Instant loading and convenient reading
Turbo pages load 15 times faster with a 3G connection. This reduces the bounce rate by an average of 30%.
- Reduced server load
- Using our own content delivery network reduces the number of requests to your server.
- Extended snippets in search
- Turbo pages are used for generating extended snippets in search results.Attention. Turning on Turbo pages doesn't guarantee that extended snippets appear in search.
- Automatic ad placement
- When using automatic placement, the number of ads and the best places are chosen automatically. This can increase ad revenue by 40% on average.
- Automatic recommendations feed
The automatic feed is generated from related pages on your site. When you enable the feed, these pages are displayed one after the other. This can increase the number of pageviews by up to 30%.
Generating Turbo pages
Displaying Turbo pages in Yandex
- What it looks like
- Examples of search snippets
There are several types of snippets that can be shown in search results. The type depends on the site content. Examples:
- How to enable
- See instructions for turning on Turbo pages for media sites.