Lesson 3. API access: how to submit a request
In this lesson, you will learn:
- How to submit a request for access
- How to find out the result of your request review
- Request review timeframes
- What's next
- Useful links
In this lesson, we are going to discuss the second step of enabling your app with access to Yandex.Direct API: submitting a request.
After registration of your app with Yandex.OAuth, your next step is to submit a request for access to Yandex.Direct API. An approved request is required for making the API requests. Having received your request, we will add your app to the registry of apps accessing Yandex.Direct and contact you further as its developer to notify you of important news, ask you to adjust your app's operation, etc.
There are two types of Yandex.Direct API access:
- Trial access is a limited to Yandex.Direct API; it allows you to run your app in the test environment (Sandbox) isolated from the real user data.
- Full access to the Yandex.Direct API; it allows your app to run both in the test environment and manage real ad campaigns.
Since you are learning to work with Yandex.Direct API, request trial access for your app for now. You can make a request even if you haven't created your app yet. You can convert this request to a full access request anytime later.
- Only the developer can submit a request for app access (as well as register the app with Yandex.OAuth).
- Your app users don't need to do this.
- Please create a single request per each of your apps registered on Yandex.OAuth: one app ID — one request for access. Once the request is approved, any number of users can run the app.
How to submit a request for access
- Log in on Yandex with your developer username, i.e., the username you have used to register your app with Yandex.OAuth.
- In the Yandex.Direct web interface, go to the API section to see the API access settings.
The first time you visit this section, please accept the user agreement.
- Go to the My requests tab.
- Click the New request button. In the menu that opens, select the “Trial access” request type.
- On the request creation form:
- Select the app ID you have obtained while registering with Yandex.OAuth in the previous lesson, from the list.
- Enter an email address you currently use. We will use it to contact you when necessary.
- Enter your app details in the other fields.
- Confirm your compliance with the developer's user agreement.
- Click the Send button.
How to find out the result of your request review
You can view your requests in the Yandex.Direct web interface: go to the API section, My requests tab. In the tab you can:
- track the status of your request review; if it is declined, you can see the reasons here
- add, edit, and delete requests.
Request review timeframes
Access requests are reviewed from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on business days (excluding holidays in Russia). Request review can take from one hour up to three business days (during peak periods, it can take up to seven days).
So, you have created a request for access to Yandex.Direct API. In the next lesson, you will learn how to get an OAuth token and then create and configure Sandbox. You can continue with this course without having to wait until your request review is complete: you will need your approved request only later, when you start making the API requests.
- What are the types of access to Yandex.Direct API?False.True.False.
- Who should submit a request for app access to Yandex.Direct API?False.False.True.
- How many requests is it better to submit per app?True.False.False.